Monday, July 17, 2006

Is it hot enough for you?

Don't you just love people that ask you that? As if you didn't already notice that it is an egg-frying temperature outside. A local "DJ" (and I use the term loosely) declared that he is going to ask this question to everyone he sees today. Is it wrong of me to want to give him a kick in the pants? Or perhaps reach out, grab his [insert something painful here] and give it a big ol' twist. Then tell him, "Yes, it is. Thanks for asking." I didn't think so either.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today is expected to hit 96 degrees and feel like 105 here in New York. Humidity in the 50-60% range. Those of you living in the southwest are probably laughing at me right now, but I can assure you that 96 is an incredibly inhumane temperature around here. And it's definitely not a "dry heat". Thick, pea soup-like, humid heat. Which, for me, means shiny spots on my face and oddly wavy hair. Not cute. Not cute indeed.

So I've decided to take today off. Our rickety air conditioner can only go about 3 hours before it starts blowing hot air and I have to turn it off, so clearly I won't be spending my day off at home. Maybe I'll run some errands and hide out at the nicely chilled movie theater with my hair hidden under a cute Creative Cupcake headband. Finally go see The Devil Wears Prada before I have to wait so long that it is out on DVD. There will be no cooking, baking or oven-turning-on of any sort in my un-AC'd kitchen.

In the immortal words of Conan O'Brien -- "Keep cool, my babies!"

No comments: