Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tomorrow - You're always a day away

Online Etymology Dictionary: procrastination
1548, from L. procrastinationem "a putting off," noun of action from procrastinare "put off till tomorrow," from pro- "forward" + crastinus "belonging to tomorrow," from cras "tomorrow," of unknown origin. Procrastinate is recorded from 1588.

There is nothing like waiting until the very last minute to do something. I actually happen to be one of those people who thrive under a time crunch. Give me a two week deadline and I'm just about useless. Need that same project done in a day? I'm you're gal. While it certainly has its up sides (I can turn my apartment from disaster zone to photo shoot ready in mere hours), I tend to get caught up in the down sides roughly around April 15th. This year is certainly no exception and it is not the first time I've divulged it here.

So on this beautiful, sunny, 72-degree Dallas day I am firmly attached to my desk chair sorting through piles of receipts, invoices, orders and spreadsheets. Sure, it is completely my "fault" but where is the fun in blaming yourself?

No comments: