Sunday, January 03, 2010

A second helping please, Sam I Am...

By most measures, yesterday's In-Law Fest was a rousing success. No fights. Lots of Prosecco and THE most delicious ham a pig has ever given its yummy, yummy life for. So good, in fact, that I had to post about it and make sure that any of you ever have to make a ham, you use this recipe. The meat wasn't at all salty and more moist than you can imagine. And the glaze, oh, the Maple-Orange Glaze is... well... Oh! worthy.

I can't post the actual recipe here, but you can head over to America's Test Kitchen and it is available for free -- you just have to register on their site. While you are there, check out the Best Drop Biscuits recipe, for what can only be described as super quick, idiot-proof buttermilk biscuits. It's all so tasty, it almost makes me want to have my in-laws over more often. Almost.

No comments: