Saturday, January 26, 2008

Who needs transitions?

I'm having one of those weeks where there are 101 things floating around in my head and it's keeping me from concentrating enough to get a single one of them done. Actually, I've been meaning to write a few blog entries all week because there is a lot going on, but I feel too scattered to get anything sensical written. Note: Is sensical even a word? Some thoughts:

I need to figure out the key to getting myself to blog consistently. Maybe I need to make sure I work outside of the studio more. Maybe it is just a matter of adding it to my To Do list everyday. I think this week I'm going to experiment and see.

My flight is booked for a somewhat last minute getaway to San Francisco in 2 weeks. It was the very first place I traveled to alone, after college, back in 2001. 10/11/01, actually, so the flight over was a bit ominous, but I never once considered canceling. The Dungeoness crab and sourdough contingencies will be greatly diminished after this trip, I can assure you.

The studio is an absolute disaster and needs attention desperately. Part of me wants to post a picture to shame myself into getting on top of it.

Rather than procrastinate like I have for the past 3 years, I have already started our taxes. I truly miss the days when I could pop in the numbers from a few W-2s and wait for our check. The sheer amount of paper and calculator time is mind blowing, though clearly not quite enough to get me to set up a more efficient system or hire an accountant. At least I shouldn't be sweating it down to April 15th like usual!

Wow... I guess I can make it through a blog post without use of transitions between thoughts. Just not sure it was all that fun to read!

1 comment:

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Oh fun! Nothing like a getaway!