Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Year of the Headband: Part II

It's official -- I'm in love! We've all seen the scroll ribbon "around" in belts and headbands. I was initially drawn to its geometrical design, but I always found the ribbon to be a little rough and scratchy, so I didn't work with it all that much. Then, one day while looking for something totally unrelated, I saw it!



A very similar scroll jacquard trim that was made in and imported from France by one of my manufacturers (above, right two). The trim is not that same scratchy woven trim, but smoothly woven into French silk damask and is ultra smooth and silky. I ordered some in black & white and green & pink (naturally) but wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with it. I felt it deserved something a little more than just slapping on a buckle and calling it a belt. It is delicate and lends itself perfectly to being worn as a headband. There are still some more wonderful things in store for that pattern, too!

No comments: