Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year!

Popular opinion feels that since the calendar has turned to January, I should be contemplating changes in my life, for the business, something. To them I say THBBPTHBPT! Can you see me sticking out my tongue? It really is quite a sight.

Confidentially, I'm not a big fan of New Year's Eve and all the nonsense surrounding it. Actually, I don't understand why I don't like it because I am all about new beginnings and clean slates and whatnot. Buy me a new notebook or journal and I'm happy as a clam over the possibilities of all of that fresh paper. But New Year's Day? You can have it.

On the other hand, January means that we're getting closer to launching our Spring 2007 designs. New belts. New headbands. New jewelry. New ribbon designs. And that can't be a bad thing. I've also been oddly energized and inspired to work on new designs and ideas that have been floating around in my imagination. Lately I've had to keep a pen and paper on my nightstand because my dreams are largely about ribbon. Sad, I know. But great for the business!
Now that I think about it, I do have sort of a resolution of sorts. And luckily for you, it involves this blog that literally tens of you are reading right now... I want to bring more crafty projects and work-in-progress photos and instructions. Aside from the fact that I love photography and will use any excuse to take more photos, I think it might be interesting to see where it all goes. Plus, I need to get these ideas out of my head and onto "paper" so admittedly the resolution is a bit selfish.

But if I can't be selfish in my own blog, who can?!

No comments: