Friday, December 01, 2006

Let it... snow?!

I don't know quite what is going on... Wednesday afternoon errands were done with the windows down and the sunroof open. It was about 80 degrees and a bit breezy but otherwise beautiful. Did I just say 80-degrees was beautiful? Boy, Texas has really done a number on me. But I digress... So I start dinner around 5 and by the time we're done with dinner and I've finished my work for the night (maybe 10-ish) we sit down on the couch and go to open the nearby window because our apartment was a little stuffy. In that 5 hours, the temperature had dropped to (per the Weather Channel) 37-degrees and it was going to start snowing overnight! Umm... what?!


So for the past 36 hours we've been staying warm inside, working up a storm (pun totally intended) to get ready for my first Texas show tomorrow. We're going to have to venture outside at some point today and I don't know how I'm going to handle it. Afterall, our first Thanksgiving here was 83-degrees so we were getting ready to spend the winter in relative warmth. No such luck, I guess. In the meantime, I'm glad I've amassed a large scarf collection since I have no idea where our coats are!!

2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

Trust me Chicago got what you had and more. I am about 1/2 hour outside of Chicago and we have 12 inches of snow. But wait, it get better there is black ice under the snow. It took hubby 1 hour to get to work--we live 6 miles down a major road from his employment.
Wednesday I was out grocery shopping and getting hot because I had on a sweatshirt and apair of light blue jeans. It was 65 degrees or so.
OH well it is winter after all and this is the Mid-West and I have lived here all my life.

N said...

I know... we were lucky that we only caught the edge of the storm system. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to random 50-degree drops in temperature! Makes me miss New York - At least once it got cold, you froze for 4 months straight :) -N