Thursday, December 07, 2006

I love ribbon!

Nothing much to report. We had our first two Texas shows to great reviews. I realized that it is going to take some time to figure out where our customers are down here. I knew Jersey and the specific towns that did well for us -- and learned that the towns next door don't necessarily have the same buying habits. Here in Dallas it is a whole new ball game. I need to go around asking people, "Excuse me. Where are the rich people with small children?" Not that it might be rude, or anything...

Over the next few weeks I'm going to be cleaning out my ribbon stash. Not that "stash" even begins to cover the tens (probably hundreds) of thousands of yards of ribbon that have taken over my studio. I'll be going over my sales records and discontinuing some of the patterns that don't sell as quickly (read: BIG SALES!!) and then adding some wonderful new patterns that I just know you are going to eat up!

Otherwise I am plugging along and making things like crazy. I've probably made more clips and bows and headbands and belts in the past week than I have in the 2 1/2 years that I've been in business! But busy is good, so I'm not going to complain. Well, maybe just a little [wink]...

No comments: