Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

I am thankful that tomorrow will be a cool Thanksgiving here in Dallas. Last year, Thanksgiving Day was in the mid-80s and far too warm for this pair of East Coasters. We couldn't get over how non-"holiday" our mood was because of it. Luckily for us, tomorrow will be much more like what we are used to, with an afternoon high of 51. I might even get to bust out my scarf that I knitted last year. Should I bother pointing out that yesterday we tied the record high at 82-degrees? I will never get used to the crazy Texas temperature swings. They're almost worse than my mood swings (right, hon?)!

This year it will just be Mr. Cupcake and me feasting on all of my Thanksgiving goodies, which I am also thankful for. Not having to worry about the current state of our apartment neatness will always make me grateful. This happening smack in the middle of the busiest time of the year for The Creative Cupcake (when I have no spare time to clean my home to a Martha-accepted level) makes me down right joyous. Plus it means more stuffing for us!

Another one of the things I am thankful for is the Thanksgiving-themed "Helen Keller, The Musical" episode of South Park. Aside from your basic level of hilarity from turning The Miracle Worker into a musical, there is a turkey involved. Kind of like Charlie Brown and his sickly tree... only with poultry.
Producer: What the hell is that?
Cartman: Thats Gobbles. The physically challenged turkey.
So wrong but, yet, so hilariously right.

What funny/quirky things are you thankful for this year?

No comments: