Monday, August 28, 2006

Yehaw! Or something like that.......



Well, it is finally official so I can let you all in on the little secret that I've had to keep quiet about for months now. The Creative Cupcake is moving to Dallas! Mr. Cupcake had a unique opportunity to make a big career decision over the past week and the position he decided to accept is based in Texas. When I was a little girl watching episodes of Dallas with my mother, I never could have imagined that someday I would be living near the Ewings!

The move is going to be a long process - we're leaving our current apartment this week and will be heading for temporary housing for about a month, then we'll make the big jump half-way across the country sometime in October. Because of the space limitations and timing, we won't be doing some of our favorite local New Jersey shows (sorry Ridgewood and Red Bank!!). In an effort to maintain my sanity, I will keep the store open and running as long as possible but with a somewhat limited product line. I haven't decided exactly what will stay and what will go just yet, but I will keep you posted.

So if you are one of our Dallas customers, drop me a line and tell me about your favorite places to shop, eat and enjoy life. We know next to nothing about the city and Mr. Cupcake and I are excited about making Dallas our new home!

Now, if I can only figure out how to get my hair to maintain proper Texan-sized volume.........

No comments: