Friday, September 18, 2009

To blog or not to blog...

** I know that I am quick to unsubscribe from stagnant blogs, so if you still check in from time to time, stop in the comments and say hello! **

Once upon a time, this very blog was both funny and snarky, superficial and insightful, topical and regularly updated. Then, as it is wont to do, life happened. Month after month of complete and utter nonsense were heaped upon both Mr. Cupcake and me. Pure rubbish, of which we had no control, but were somehow responsible to clean up. But who wants to hear the boo-hoos about all that?

The good news is that, within the next week, most of it will be behind us and our lives can go back to "normal" [ha... normal]. My normal used to include blogging here and, the truth is, I miss it. Sometimes things happen and need to be shared, but my 140-character Twitter field just can't do them justice.

I am going back and forth about whether to continue on with this blog (and a major revamp) or start up something completely new. I have been blogging here since 2005, but I want to go in a different direction and not focus on The Creative Cupcake as much. I am taking my daily creativity in a whole new direction, and I'd love to be able to share what I am doing. Naturally there will be talk of shopping, great reads, DIY craftiness, tasty eats, and all things pink and preppy. So if you like photos of yummy baked goods, or are dying to know my very biased opinions on cheesetastic television , stick around!

6 comments:

a. said...

Glad the mess is almost behind you and I do hope you will keep blogging. But you know I love your tweets :)

Some Like it Southern said...

Which ever way you decide to go, I am sure it will be fabulous and I would love to keep reading!

Anonymous said...

Girl - miss you and your craftiness.
-Brandee

Suzanne said...

So glad to see you back!

Bridget said...

I'm in :)

N said...

Thanks ladies... I'll enjoy getting back into the swing of blogging. You have no idea how many ridiculous things have happened!